At Averie Construction our mission is to provide you with the most gratifying home building experience possible while delivering the highest quality of workmanship.
Our reputation is built on our commitment to ensure that your home will reflect your vision and maintain a lasting beauty for years to come. Each home is designed, engineered and built by well established local subcontractors and suppliers dedicated to excellency. We use the best products that the Black Hills has to offer.
Lets walk you through our process step by step:
The purchase agreement has been signed. The floor plans and design choices have all been made and you have made your first deposit toward you new home. The first step can now begin.
1. The Excavation: The subcontractors will grade the home site and dig the hole for the basement or foundation. The concrete footings are then poured. Once it sets, it will be back filled with gravel for proper drainage.
2. The Foundation: A foundation may consist of a slab, block or a poured wall.
For a slab foundation, an outline of your home takes place when the forms are set. After some prep work with the plumbing and such, the slab is poured creating the foundation.
For a block foundation, the concrete block is laid. Once it sets, it is necessary to apply waterproofing. Then the garage slab can be prepped and poured.
For a poured wall foundation, concrete is poured into the form panels. Waterproofing is applied once the concrete is set. Next, the drain tile piping can be installed. After some prep work with the plumbing and such the slab can then be poured.
3. Framing: Your home is starting to take shape! Both interior and exterior walls are going up. The roof of your home is being built and shingled. Sheathing and siding come next, protecting your home from the elements. The door units and windows are being installed, along with any additional back filling that needs to be done.
4. Rough- In's: While this step may seem to take longer than the previous, it is crucial to your finished home. This is where some of the finer details take place. The plumbing, heating , air conditioning, electrical and ventilation systems are being installed along with indoor sewer pipes, the furnace and ducts. Your house will be full of activity from here on out. Insulation will be installed and the walls will be ready for drywall soon. Your home will now be hooked up to the water, gas and electric utilities companies.
At this point, a walk-through will be done with the homeowner to review the work that has been completed up to this point and to discuss the work yet to be completed down the road.
5. Drywall: Inside your home, each room and closet is more defined. You can visualize more clearly now how you will place the furniture and where you want your shelves and closet rods to go. The walls are prepared for painting, trim work and cabinets. Outside, the brick or stone you have chosen is being installed and your lot is being prepared for drainage, walks, patios, etc.
6. Finish Work: This is definitely one of my favorite parts! Both the exterior and interior of your home is being painted. Finally, all of those beautiful paint colors and wood tones from the cabinets, interior doors, trim and hard floors are ready to come together. The kitchen appliances and counter tops are installed along with the bathroom vanities and mirrors.
7. Final Rough-In's: It's getting close now! The Light fixtures are being installed with all of the plug covers and switch plates. The plumbing hardware, such as faucets, shower heads and commodes are all in working order. The outdoor air or heat pump unit is in place as well as the register and indoor vent covers. You know you're close to a finish date when you can smell the scent of new carpet! Outside, your home is ready for a final grade and landscaping.
8, Relax and Enjoy: The General Contractor will now walk through your home with you and come up with a touch-up list to revisit any areas or items that need special attention. Once Building and Quality Assurance inspections are completed, all touch-ups are done and everything is finished to your complete satisfaction then, all that's left to do is clean up. This includes the floors, windows, baths and kitchen. We hope you thoroughly enjoy your new home and are eager to share your experience with friends and family!